[Gluster-devel] How does GD_SYNCOP work?

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Fri Sep 12 16:06:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 06:31:55AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> It is fine for me that glusterd_bricks_select_heal_volume() finds 3
> bricks, they are the 3 remaining alive bricks. However I am surprised to
> see the first in the list having rpc->conn.name = "management". It
> should be a brick name here, right? Or is this glustershd?

Reading the code, it has to be glustershd.

I tracked down most of the problem. The request to glustershd times out
before the reply comes, because glustershd gets stuck in an infinite loop.

In afr_shd_gather_index_entries(), the obtained offset is corrupted
(huge negative value), and the loop never ens.

I will not look for why this offset is corrupted.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org