[Gluster-devel] Annoying Jenkins results cascade - now fixing

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Sep 11 04:23:02 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

Looking in Gerrit, there's a large amount of what _seems_ to
be failed Jenkins runs in the last few hours.

That's not really the case though... it's just the way our
present manual regression testing results are reported back.
(they cascade)

In this instance, I ran a test on CR 8685.

This CR depends upon a chain of 15 other unmerged CR's.

When the regression test for this CR failed, the result was
applied to this AND the other 15 CR's.  Looks like a massive
failure run, when it wasn't. :/

Personally, I find this very annoying because it makes testing
an individual CR out of a sequence painful.  The results gets
spread everywhere. :(

Anyway, I'm going to add an option to control the cascade
behaviour, so it doesn't have to happen that way.

Mucking around with that first in a separate job (to get it
working), but I'll add the option into the normal manual
rackspace-regression-2G job when it's ready.

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org