[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Proposal for GlusterD-2.0

Balamurugan Arumugam barumuga at redhat.com
Thu Sep 11 02:15:02 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I heard from various presentations about that due to zeromq 2.x issues.  With zeromq 3.x, its all gone.  But we could explore more on stability point of view.

> Apart from that though, using Salt is an interesting idea. :)

Yes.  I came across Salt currently for unified management for storage to manage gluster and ceph which is still in planning phase.  I could think of a complete requirement of infra requirement to solve from glusterd to unified management.  Calamari ceph management already uses Salt.  It would be the ideal solution with Salt (or any infra) if gluster, ceph and unified management uses.

Regards,
Bala