[Gluster-devel] A suggestion on naming test files.

RAGHAVENDRA TALUR raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 06:46:18 UTC 2014

As per Jeff's comment on getting the component from bugzilla,
this command works:

[rtalur at rastarpad bugs]$ find . -name "*.t" |  \grep -o "[0-9]\+" | tr "\n"
" " |xargs -n 1 bugzilla query --outputformat '%{bug_id}: %{component}'
--bug_id
974007: glusterd
1101647: replicate
1112613: glusterd
957877: replicate
889996: glusterfs-server

About collecting them in a dir, would it be a better idea to just append
the existing tests with
test definition data?

Either simple key:value or JSON or XML to define characteristics of the
test. Like
<test> File Name
<test name> A more descriptive name than the file name
<test url> relative path from glusterfs source
<component> Obtained from bugzilla
<access protocols> Some tests may not be applicable for all protocols. If
we someday have automated setup for nfs, cifs and fuse in parallel , this
list will tell the applicable access protocol for test.
<bug id> Same as the one used in rfc.sh.
<node count> Does it require rebooting of nodes? If we setup a multi node
 test env, tests with node count > 1 will be run on multi node test env.

Is it a good idea or complicating simple stuff?

I am interested to work on this classification as it will enable
dev to run  only those tests which more probable to catch regression.
./run-tests.sh <component_name>

Raghavendra Talur

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com>
wrote:

> And while we're at it, may we please rename the two or three test files
> that don't start with bug- to be (foolishly) consistent with the rest of
> our tests?
>
> Feeling more ambitious? How about renaming all the bug-$sixdigit.t to
> bug-0$sixdigit.t for some even more foolish consistency. (That's a zero, in
> case your font makes it look ambiguous.)
>
> --
>
> Kaleb

*Raghavendra Talur *