[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Proposal for GlusterD-2.0

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Sep 5 10:40:59 UTC 2014

On 05/09/2014, at 11:21 AM, Kaushal M wrote:
<snip>
> As part of the first phase, we aim to delegate the distributed configuration store. We are exploring consul [1]

Does this mean we'll need to learn Go as well as C and Python?

If so, that doesn't sound completely optimal. :/

That being said, a lot of distributed/networked computing
projects seem to be written in it these days.  Is Go specifically
a good language for our kind of challenges, or is it more a case
of "the new shiny"?

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org