[Gluster-devel] Quota problems with dispersed volumes

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Mon Oct 27 17:37:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

testing quota on a dispersed volume I've found a problem on how the
total used space is calculated.

# gluster volume create test disperse server{0..2}:/bricks/disperse
# gluster volume start test
# gluster volume quota test enable
# gluster volume quota test limit-usage / 1GB
# gluster volume quota test list
Path  H-L    S-L  Used    Available  S-L exceeded?  H-L exceeded?
/     1.0GB  80%  0Bytes  1.0GB      No             No
# mount -t glusterfs server0:/test /gluster/test
# dd if=/dev/zero of=/gluster/test/file bs=1024k count=512
# ls -lh /gluster/test
total 512M
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 512M Oct 27 18:29 file
# gluster volume quota test list
Path  H-L    S-L  Used    Available  S-L exceeded? H-L exceeded?
/     1.0GB  80%  256.0MB 768.0MB    No            No

As you can see quota seems to only count the space used by the file in
one of the bricks (each file uses 256MB on each brick).

How would be the best way to solve this problem ? I don't know quota
internals so I'm a bit lost about where to adjust real file sizes...

Thanks,

Xavi