[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Please test GlusterFS 3.6.0 beta3 on OSX!

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 20:34:48 UTC 2014

On 10/23/2014 03:33 PM, Harshavardhana wrote:
>> I'm trying to build on my shiny new Yosemite machine...  `brew install
>> osxfuse` tells me:
>>
>>    osxfuse: OS X Mavericks or older is required for this package
>>    OS X Yosemit introduced a strict unsigned kext ban which breaks this
>> package.
>>    You should remove this packager from you system and attemnpt to find
>> upstream binaries to use instead.
>>    Error: An unsatisfied required failed this build.
>>

> No error messages for me,
> ~~~~
>
> But i did a 'brew update' just to be sure and now i see your messages.
> Looks like the best way to get around this is to install from -
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxfuse/files/osxfuse-2.7.2/osxfuse-2.7.2.dmg/download
>
> That way you get signed binaries and avoid this message.

That appears to have given me the signed kext, but the osxfuse headers
and shared libs still aren't installed. I.e. there's no
/usr/local/Cellar/osxfuse/..., like all the other brew packages.

Trying to install osxfuse now says "osxfuse is already installed from
the binary distrubtion and conflicts with the formula", and then
continues to give the same error as before.

I have done a `brew fetch osxfuse`  and I've got
/Library/Caches/Homebrew/osxfuse-2.7.2.yosemite.bottle.tar.gz.

??? Seems like I could just untar that in /usr/local/Cellar. Seem
reasonable?

--

Kaleb