[Gluster-devel] if/else coding style :-)

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 11:42:54 UTC 2014

> [~/work/glusterfs]
> sh$ git grep '} else {' | wc -l
>      1331
> [~/work/glusterfs]
> sh$ git grep 'else {' | grep -v '}' | wc -l
>       142
>
> So going by just numbers, "} else {" is 10x more common than "}\n else
> {". I also find that believable based on familiarity of seeing this
> pattern in the code. Either way, good idea to stick to one and not allow
> both in future code.

There are also 42 occurences of '} else {' in headers. And one occurence
of '} else{' and two occurrences of '}else {'.

Versus one lonely occurence of '}\nelse {' in headers.

My main objection is that the change was made without any public
discussion, after having agreed to something different.

Could we please revert the change to the check-in script?

Thanks.

--

Kaleb