[Gluster-devel] Invalid DIR * usage in quota xlator

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Mon Oct 13 09:15:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 02:37:12PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> I am not aware of backend filesystems that much, may be someone with that
> knowledge can comment here, what happens when new entries are created in the
> directory after this readdir is responded with '-1'?

In the meantime, I changed -1 to sizeof (void *) to address alignment
issues.

I am not sure we have cases where we loop awaiting for new entries
to be added at the end of the directory.  That is doomed to fail
anyway because getdents(2) cn return deleted entries, and a new
entry may be added before the end of the buffer.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org