[Gluster-devel] possible feature page for small-file performance

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sun Oct 5 19:42:50 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014, at 8:25 PM, Ben England wrote:
> Here is a candidate feature page for small-file performance in Gluster.  This is my first feature page so I'm a newbie, have mercy ;-)
>
> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/Feature_Smallfile_Perf

Good stuff. :)

Some of the links on there point at the (non-public) Red Hat mojo server.

For example, under the "cluster.lookup-unhashed auto" heading there is a
link to:

  https://mojo.redhat.com/people/bengland/blog/2014/04/30/gluster-scalability-test-results-using-virtual-machine-servers

Is that info able to be copied out to a public location, for everyone to
have access to?

On a different track, looking at these two items:

  * multi-thread-epoll
  * POSIX Translator stat and xattr cache

If the "POSIX Translator stat and xattr cache" one is completed first,
do you reckon that would lessen the need for the multi-thread-epoll on,
or do you reckon they both complement each other?

> Could we discuss this page at the next Gluster community meeting?

Of course. :)

The next meeting is this Wed, 8th October.  Just added this to the
"other agenda items" list:

  https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift