[Gluster-devel] [POLL] How do you want to receive notifications about new/updated bugs?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sat Oct 4 15:46:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

you may have noticed that we are looking into a better Bug Triage
process. Our intention is that interested community members can support
the project in a relatively simple but very effective way.

Just like helping users on the mailinglist, follow-up questions and
gathering some debugging data is often needed before a new bugreport can
get worked on by a developer. The gathering of details about problems
and clarifying the actual problem is what Bug Triage is all about. Not
all people that report a bug know what information would be useful, or
state their issue not very clear. Any community member is invited to
help others with the improving of bug reports.

Under the umbrella of Bug Triage we will need to get notifications about
new bugs that to be reviewed. With this email I would like to hear what
options are most useful for community members that are interested in
checking new bugs for completeness and all. The options that we
currently have are:

2. watching the bugs at gluster.org user with your Bugzilla account
3. RSS-feed with new bugs per version or component
4. lurking in #gluster on Freenode IRC, pay attention to glusterbot
5. .... <-- your idea

Let me know by email (to the list or me directly) how you think
receiving notifications about new/updated bugs is most useful. If you
have any questions about the Bug Triage itself, get in touch, and I'm
happy to explain more.

Many thanks,
Niels

PS:
  The 1st four options above are documented in the wiki:
   - http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Bugzilla_Notifications
  And so are the (quite verbose) Bug Triage Guidelines:
   - http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Bug_triage