[Gluster-devel] Call for proposals: LSF/MM conference

Dave McAllister dmcallis at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 17:17:05 UTC 2014

The annual Linux Storage, Filesystem and Memory Management Summit for
2015 will be held on March 9th and 10th before the Linux Foundation Vault
conference at the Revere Hotel, Boston MA. For those that do not know,
Vault is designed to be an event where open source storage and filesystem
practitioners meet storage implementors and, as such, it would be of
benefit for LSF/MM attendees to go to at least the first day of Vault.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linux-storage-filesystem-and-mm-summit

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/vault

On behalf of the committee I am issuing a call for agenda proposals that
are suitable for cross-track discussion as well as technical subjects for
the breakout sessions.

1) Proposals for agenda topics should be sent before January 16th, 2015 to:

lsf-pc at lists.linux-foundation.org

and cc the Linux list or lists that are most interested in it:

     ATA: linux-ide at vger.kernel.org
     FS: linux-fsdevel at vger.kernel.org
     MM: linux-mm at kvack.org
     SCSI: linux-scsi at vger.kernel.org

If advance notice is required for visa applications then please send
proposals before January 1st. The committee will complete the first round
of selections near that date to accommodate applications.

Please tag your proposal with [LSF/MM TOPIC] to make it easier to track.
Agenda topics and attendees will be selected by the program committee,
but the final agenda will be formed by consensus of the attendees on the
day.

We will try to cap attendance at around 25-30 per track to facilitate
discussions although the final numbers will depend on the room sizes at
the venue.

2) Requests to attend the summit should be sent to:

lsf-pc at lists.linux-foundation.org

Please summarise what expertise you will bring to the meeting, and what
you would like to discuss. Please also tag your email with [LSF/MM ATTEND]
so there is less chance of it getting lost.

Presentations are allowed to guide discussion, but are strongly
discouraged. There will be no recording or audio bridge. However, we expect
that written minutes will be published as we did in previous years

2014:
http://lwn.net/Articles/LSFMM2014/

2013:
http://lwn.net/Articles/548089/

2012:
http://lwn.net/Articles/490114/
http://lwn.net/Articles/490501/

3) If you have feedback on last year's meeting that we can use to
improve this year's, please also send that to:

lsf-pc at lists.linux-foundation.org

4) We would like to remind those that are are also interested in presenting
    at the Vault conference that the CFP deadline for Vault is December
1st.

Thank you on behalf of the program committee:

Storage:
     James Bottomley
     Martin Petersen
     Christoph Hellwig