[Gluster-devel] glfs_resolve new file force lookup

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 14:55:52 UTC 2014

On 11/24/2014 07:43 AM, Rudra Siva wrote:
> If I understand the structure correctly, the lookup itself generally
> may not pose a problem - specific flags triggering the over-the-wire
> request for me at this time I wish to suppress (the fop on the backend
> is fully capable of creating the file if it does not exist) - the
> lookup drives through the xlators specifically DHT.
>
> It looks like most of the stuff for the hashed subvolume is inside the
> DHT - I will look into it.

You maybe referring to the lookup everywhere that DHT triggers to be
sure the file is not present anywhere else, and that layout changes
caused the hashed to change.

If so as an optimization for the same, this is where we are/should be
headed,
- http://review.gluster.org/#/c/7702/ (lookup-unhashed optimization)
- http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8414/ (layout versions that should later
lead to the same lookup-unhashed among other things)

Shyam