[Gluster-devel] How to resolve gfid (and .glusterfs symlink) for a deleted file

Ben England bengland at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 16:00:40 UTC 2014

first of all, links in .glusterfs are HARD links not symlinks.   So the file is not actually deleted, since the local filesystem keeps a count of references to the inode and won't release the inode until the ref count reaches zero.   I tried this, it turns out you can find it with

# find /your/brick/directory/.glusterfs -links 1 -type f

You use "type f" because it's a hard link to a file, and you don't want to look at directories or "." or ".." .  Once you find the link, you can copy the file off somewhere, and then delete the link.  At that point, regular self-heal could repair it (i.e. just do "ls" on the file from a Gluster mountpoint).