[Gluster-devel] Open source SPC-1 Workload IO Pattern

Michael O'Sullivan michael.osullivan at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 19 12:57:34 UTC 2014

The git repo for the fio/SPC-1 tool is here: http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/spc1-test

We talked about using this tool here: Lee, D., O'Sullivan, M. J., & Walker, C. G. (2010). Practical Measurement of Typical Disk Performance and Power Consumption using Open Source SPC-1. In 2010 Annual Conference on GreenIT (pp. 8 pages). Singapore. doi:10.5176/978-981-08-7240-3_G-15

As you will see from the git repo, this hasn't been worked on since 2010, but it may be useful and it would be cool to see this work extended. It was quite a while ago, but I think we may have had to modify the original NetApp open source SPC-1 code a little to fix some bugs...

Thanks, Mike