[Gluster-devel] Spurious regression of tests/basic/mgmt_v3-locks.t

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 06:41:20 UTC 2014

On 11/09/2014 10:31 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

> On 11/08/2014 05:21 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 14:58:06 +0530
>> Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Can there be any cases where glusterd instance may go down
>>> unexpectedly without a crash?
>>>
>>> [1] http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered
>>> /2319/consoleFull
>>
>> Has anyone gotten back to you about this?
>>
> Not yet :(
>
> ~Atin
Though we don't have the exact clue why the first glusterd instance
stopped responding, but looking at the current test case I attempted to
make this more safe in terms of cli failures in
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9114/

Also currently we do not have per instance cli log file unlike we have
for glusterd in cluster setup. http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9100/
should ensure cli.log files are created per cli instances.

~Atin