[Gluster-devel] EHT / DHT

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 18:27:02 UTC 2014

On 11/11/2014 03:51 AM, Jan Holtzhausen wrote:
> Hi
> I was wondering, is there a way to change / parameter to pass to
> clusters DHT to change the distribution algorithm to only take into
> account filename and not the preceding filesystem path?
> i.e when a file is at: /mount/gluster/directory/filename.ext
> To only hash on “filename.ext” ?

Currently DHT hashes the file name and not the entire path.

See, callers of dht_hash_compute in source (pretty much
dht_layout_search) to which loc->name is passed, which is the file name
and not the entire path.

Are you referring to something else in your request? Meaning, you want
/myfile, /dir1/myfile and /dir2/dir3/myfile to fall onto the same
bricks/subvolumes and that perchance is what you are looking for?

Shyam