[Gluster-devel] memory leaks

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Tue Nov 4 10:00:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-04 10:38, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> FWIW, there are still memory leaks in glusterfs 3.6.0. My favourite test is
> building NetBSD on a replicated volume, and it fails because the machine
> runs out of swap.
>
> After building for 14 hours and now idle, client gusterfsd grew to
> 2024 MB, one server glusterfsd grew to 1164 MB, the other one to 1290 MB
Don't you mean glusterfs (the fuse client?). At least I have the same issues
with glusterfs on fedora20, it looks like the client gains some fat as files
and/or directories are added. Any info on how to debug memory issues on the
client side (valgrind goes belly-up with tests of reasonable size). For instance
is there any way to turn off internal memory pools (if there are any), in order
to closely follow memory allocations with a suitable LD_PRELOAD malloc/free/...
wrapper?

/Anders

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden