[Gluster-devel] A tool to check the integrity of the .glusterfs dir on a brick?

Dan Mons dmons at cuttingedge.com.au
Mon May 26 23:25:16 UTC 2014

I've not heard of such a tool, but speaking purely from an end-user
point of view it would be invaluable.

We don't have the option to blow our storage away and start again to
fix such problems.  Similarly we are told with newer versions of
GlusterFS to stay out of the back-end brick storage and not fiddle
(which is what we used to do to fix high level logical problems).

An "fsck" style tool for GlusterFS that fixes up back end structures
would be incredibly useful.

-Dan

Dan Mons
Unbreaker of broken things