[Gluster-devel] Spurious failures because of nfs and snapshots

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon May 19 04:56:04 UTC 2014

On 16/05/2014, at 1:49 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> hi,
>    In the latest build I fired for review.gluster.com/7766 (http://build.gluster.org/job/regression/4443/console) failed because of spurious failure. The script doesn't wait for nfs export to be available. I fixed that, but interestingly I found quite a few scripts with same problem. Some of the scripts are relying on 'sleep 5' which also could lead to spurious failures if the export is not available in 5 seconds.

Cool.  Fixing this NFS problem across all of the tests would be really
welcome.  That specific failed test (bug-1087198.t) is the most common
one I've seen over the last few weeks, causing about half of all
failures in master.

Eliminating this class of regression failure would be really helpful. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift