[Gluster-devel] Need inputs for command deprecation output

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri May 16 13:41:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 05:35:06PM +0530, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 05/16/2014 07:23 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:

I'd like to see an error message that the command has been replaced. The
message should point to 'gluster volume help $whatever' or the man-page
in case it has been updated for the new command. Accessing online
documentation on the internet is not always possible, so try to restrict
to resources available on the local system.

In addition, a non-zero exit code should be returned. This will help
authors/users of scripts (in case they exist) to detect unexpected
behavior.

Thanks,
Niels