[Gluster-devel] Automatically building RPMs upon patch submission?

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Tue May 13 00:16:43 UTC 2014

On 13/05/2014, at 1:00 AM, Anand Avati wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:
> On 13/05/2014, at 12:27 AM, Anand Avati wrote:
> <snip>
> > http://build.gluster.org/job/regression/build - key in the gerrit patch number for the CHANGE_ID field, and click 'Build'.
>
> Doesn't that just apply the given change to HEAD of its
> associated branch?  eg it won't apply dependent commits
> first?
>
> No, this is just for jenkins to run tests and vote on gerrit. Applying a change into HEAD is done by sub/maintainers having commit rights to the project in Gerrit. However Gerrit prevents even a maintainer from committing until there is +2 code review vote and +1 verified vote (no matter who votes - Jenkins or someone else)

Heh, bad wording.  Was meaning "doesn't that just test the given
patch applied to HEAD for it's associated branch?".  Wasn't meaning
actually committing it back to the repo. ;)

Thinking about it more, if we're just testing _too many_ things
it's likely only a problem short term.  When we get the regression
testing parallelised (soon), then it shouldn't really matter much.

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift