[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] User-serviceable snapshots design

Sobhan Samantaray ssamanta at redhat.com
Thu May 8 06:57:32 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Varun Shastry" <vshastry at redhat.com>
To: "Sobhan Samantaray" <ssamanta at redhat.com>, anands at redhat.com
Cc: gluster-devel at gluster.org, "gluster-users" <gluster-users at gluster.org>, "Anand Avati" <aavati at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:16:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] User-serviceable snapshots design

Hi Sobhan,

On Wednesday 07 May 2014 09:12 PM, Sobhan Samantaray wrote:
> I think its a good idea to include the auto-remove of the snapshots based on the time or space as threshold as mentioned in below link.
>
> http://www.howtogeek.com/110138/how-to-back-up-your-linux-system-with-back-in-time/

I think this feature is already implemented (partially?) as part of the
snapshot feature.

The feature proposed here only concentrates on the user serviceability
of the snapshots taken.

I understand that it would be part of core snapshot feature. I was talking w.r.t Paul's suggestion of scheduling the snapshot based on threshold levels in snapshot which will be part of phase-2.

- Varun Shastry