[Gluster-devel] OS X porting merged

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sat May 3 23:53:22 UTC 2014

On 04/05/2014, at 12:25 AM, Harshavardhana wrote:
> Been able to start a distribute service - but after applying this -
> http://review.gluster.com/#/c/7655/

k.  I just tried it here, but still getting that sig 11.

> $ sudo gluster volume info
>
> Volume Name: dht
> Type: Distribute
> Volume ID: c5ee539a-fbc7-4383-b7e8-20feb8e9e177
> Snap Volume: no
> Number of Bricks: 2
> Transport-type: tcp
> Bricks:
> Brick1: 10.0.0.30:/mnt/gfs1
> Brick2: 10.0.0.30:/mnt/gfs2
> Options Reconfigured:
> nfs.rpc-statd: /sbin/rpc.statd

Cool, this is good. :)

<snip>
> $ sudo gluster volume status
> Status of volume: dht
> Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
> Brick 10.0.0.30:/mnt/gfs1                               49154   Y       61375
> Brick 10.0.0.30:/mnt/gfs2                               49155   Y       61377
> NFS Server on localhost                                 N/A     N
> N/A -------------> This is a bug we need to fix

Yeah.

There's a Mac Mini in Westford lab rack, that we got for
Libvirt team (to do cross platform testing with), but never
got set up.  I apply OS updates to it occasionally and use it
for the occasional OSX 10.8.x test (as I have 10.7).

I've just logged into it and started applying updates.  Tomorrow
I might have time to try gluster git head out on that, just for
an extra data point.

Btw, if you want remote access to this Mac mini, I can create
an account for you on it. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat