[Gluster-devel] Building gluster on OS X and fuse mount

Dennis Schafroth dennis at schafroth.dk
Mon Mar 31 19:36:17 UTC 2014

On 31 Mar 2014, at 21:13 , Harshavardhana <harsha at harshavardhana.net> wrote:

>>> "warnings" on clang, are related to strict C99 checks
>>> since gluster is solely developed on GNU platforms it kind of ends up
>>> using GNU extensions. We will get to this subsequently.
>>
>> How about adding C99 to gcc compiling as well?
>>

> To suppress some of those warnings we have to shift "clang -std=gnu89", but it
> seems to be rather Xcode/Clang related as it does more stricter compilation.

yeah I saw that when I tried.

> Current upstream code is not compiled against gnu99 rather its gnu90 as default.
> According to gcc's documentation their C99 support is substantial but
> not complete.
>
> The "warnings" i guess are okay for now, we can get to it slowly
> unless they are
> really killing the functionality.

I am for now adding -Wno-* to clang compilation. We should fix them as we get time. Some of them I think is pretty basic, but there are some which I am not sure about. A few looks like wrong code while other could be relevant for other platform (unsigned char , size_t < 0). But I guess I would like a second opinion on these.

cheers,
:-Dennis