[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs client and fuse mount working on OS X 10.9

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sat Mar 29 10:22:02 UTC 2014

On 29/03/2014, at 10:13 AM, Harshavardhana wrote:
<snip>
> I have made changes to remove libspl dependency for now, as i
> implemented most of the necessary functions in
> libglusterfs/src/syscall.c - if more portability is needed we should
> be using "gnulib".

GNUlib *may* not be workable:

  http://supercolony.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2014-March/039477.html

You're a lot better at C than me though, so you might be able to
find a way. ;)

If it'd be helpful, I can forward to you the email conversation I
had about it with Eric Blake (GNUlib guy).

Btw, there's definitely demand for a native client.  People
wanting to mount Gluster volumes on their OSX desktops (using
Linux server backends) isn't uncommon.

Priority wise though... if that's looking very difficult, leave
it until later.  Get the other bits working on OSX first is
ok.  (My thinking anyway. :>)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--