[Gluster-devel] Can we replace strcpy calls with memcpy?

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 07:05:14 UTC 2014

Hi List,

In GlusterFS codebase, strcpy() calls have been used in many places. IMO, if we can replace strcpy calls with memcpy() we would get a performance bonus as memcpy directly interacts with memory area. I am posting this suggestion based on my earlier project experience where we have seen a significant difference of performance with this replace.

Please feel free to add if you think otherwise.

Regards,
Atin Mukherjee
Senior Software Engineer
E-9, Extn : 73196, Direct : 08039245196, Mobile: +919739491377
Email - amukherj at redhat.com