[Gluster-devel] Follow: GSoC Proposal for a RESTful/JSON API and server for GlusterFS similar to WebHDFS

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Mar 19 11:07:49 UTC 2014

On 19/03/2014, at 1:20 AM, RJ Nowling wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to follow up.  I drafted a proposal for creating a RESTful/JSON API and server for GlusterFS similar to WebHDFS.  As the number of big data processing and storage systems explode, integration is becoming more important.  A language and operating system agnostic RESTful/JSON API and server could be helpful for easing integration efforts.

API's are cool.  The more (non-duplicating) the merrier. :)

Have you taken a look at the REST API in development for 3.6,
by Aravinda (CC'd)?

  http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/rest-api
  http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning36

Not sure if both yours and Aravinda's are doing the same thing,
more mentioning just in case.

Hope that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift