[Gluster-devel] Proposal: GlusterFS Quattro

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Mar 7 16:26:16 UTC 2014

On 07/03/2014, at 4:13 PM, Jeff Darcy wrote:
> As a counterpoint to the current GlusterFS proposal, I've written up a bunch of
> ideas that I'm collectively calling GlusterFS Quattro.  It's in Google Docs so
> that people can comment.  Please do.  ;)
>
> http://goo.gl/yE3O4j

This one would make implementation behind firewalls a lot easier/possible:

  "... we should revive the notion (already implemented in HekaFS ages ago) of
   having a single daemon on a single port provide service for many bricks."

Port usage at the moment is such a pain (and not just for scalability). :/

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift