[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] Jenkins automatic regression testing on (for a while)

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 14:15:22 UTC 2014

On 06/27/2014 01:46 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 27/06/2014, at 8:53 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 04:29:22AM +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The "rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered" job in Jenkins is
>>> enabled again.  This job _should_ automatically start a
>>> full regression test whenever a new Gerrit CR is created,
>>> or a new version is uploaded.
>>
>> I think we only wanted to have regression tests started when a positive
>> code-review was done. Could you change it that way? I've looked at the
>> configuration, but could not really spot an option for such a trigger.
>

> I'm not sure how to do that either (yet).  For now, it's doing blanket
> coverage.  That seems to work "ok".
>
> But yeah, if a large patch set comes in, then it might overwhelm things.
> (unsure)

Or worse, if somebody adds rm -rf / or equivalent in a test script
accidentally ;-).

This could be okay for now, let us try moving to a CR +1/+2 based gerrit
triggers to run regression tests automatically. We can also consider
integrating with zuul [1] for auto-merging patches based on some
established criteria.

Nevertheless, kudos on this. This can substantially reduce our
turnaround time for patch acceptance.

-Vijay

[1] http://ci.openstack.org/zuul/triggers.html#gerrit