[Gluster-devel] Better-SSL thought

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 05:15:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:39 AM, Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, *distributing* those keys and
> certificates securely is always going to be a bit of a problem.

Well, as we had discussed, puppet-gluster could be an easy way to
solve this... Maybe this doesn't meet everyone's use case, but I do
think that software bundled with config management is the future. A
wise man once put on a t-shirt: "It's not done until it's automated".
(yes this has two meanings!)

https://twitter.com/Obdurodon/status/471456328335245312/photo/1

As a side note for the rest of gluster-devel, from a config management
point of view, the earlier ssl stuff had a perfectly good enough
interface to work with for config management to drive. Not sure if
that's better or worse with the 3.6 interface. Is that
stable/finalized yet? Either way, if you know what it looks like, I
can maybe provide feedback about how hackable it is for puppet to glue
into.