[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Need testers for GlusterFS 3.4.4

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 19:27:36 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "BGM" <bernhard.glomm at ecologic.eu>

I have a good setup with 10G NW + 10TB over a 12 drive RAID 6 that I use for gluster perf regression testing.  I usually run on a 2x2 volume with 4 clients but the automation is scalable.  It will be really easy for me to point at upstream bits just like I do for downstream.  I store the results on my jenkins server but also shoot out an email with a summary of the current run vs baseline.  I can't put my jenkins or the test systems on the net but I could point the report email and gluster-devel to report status?  Here is an example:

Performance regression results, logging package info:
**Servers are running**
Kernel: kernel-2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.x86_64
Gluster: glusterfs-3.6.0.11-1.el6rhs.x86_64
Server tuning - tuned-adm profile rhs-high-throughput

**Clients are running**
Kernel: kernel-2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64
Gluster: glusterfs-3.6.0.11-1.el6.x86_64
Mount type = glusterfs

*Starting tests*
Sequential write regression test complete, the return code was: 0

The results are:
decision parameters:
  sample type = throughput
  confidence threshold =  95.00 %
  max. pct. deviation =  11.00 %
  regression threshold =  10.00 %
sample stats for baseline:
  min = 1492903.020000
  max = 1654043.810000
  mean = 1600066.944000
  sd = 63601.772075
  pct.dev. =  3.97 %
sample stats for current:
  min = 1629821.840000
  max = 1703702.990000
  mean = 1659824.372500
  sd = 31380.985345
  pct.dev. =  1.89 %
current mean improvement over baseline is  3.73 percent
magnitude of change is less than standard deviation of samples
t-test t-statistic = -1.703805 probability = 0.132195
t-test says that mean of two sample sets differs with probability  86.78%
probability that sample sets have same mean = 0.1322
sample sets are statistically indistinguishable for specified confidence level

Will this work for perf regression stuff?

-b