[Gluster-devel] Jenkins success/failure with *BSD thought

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Mon Jul 28 16:10:58 UTC 2014

> I've been meaning to ask (or suggest) this for some time....
>
> To me a smoke test should be a simple compile and run the executable(s) to
> make sure they don't crash with the most basic configuration.
>
> I think the posix tests that are in smoke.sh today should really be part of
> the regression test, e.g. .../basic/posix.t

This is an issue only now since regression testing was automated, we
could move all the tests together. All of them are done simultaneously
- failures among any of them gets NACK on jenkins.  We have to test it
though, do not know how much we can configure Jenkins this way.

--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes