[Gluster-devel] FreeBSD build added

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Sun Jul 27 21:33:26 UTC 2014

As NetBSD was added few weeks - we have FreeBSD build also added and
we will be enabling Veto power for each of them subsequently so that
non-portable code will be added NACK early in the process.

If you have questions on portability for your respective patches which
have failed consistently on NetBSD or FreeBSD

  - Add Emmanuel for review anywhere you get build errors on NetBSD
  - Add me for review anywhere you get build errors on FreeBSD
  - if previous two are yes - repeat both :-)

Simple things would be always #ifdef your code if the man page of a
particular function indicates it to be GNU specific or Linux specific.
Avoid using them if possible or provide an alternative implementation.

The patch currently pending on FreeBSD work is -
http://review.gluster.com/#/c/8246/ - once this is pushed i will
contact FreeNAS to get this updated and tested.  Please add your
reviews - since it does change some good amount of codebase.

Thanks for Justin and Emmanuel for helping me get this rolling quickly.

--
Harsha