[Gluster-devel] Better organization for code documentation [Was: Developer Documentation for datastructures in gluster]

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:35:58 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

While I was writing the documentation for the options framework, I
thought up of a way to better organize the code documentation we are
creating now. I've posted a patch for review that implements this
organization. [1]

Copying the description from the patch I've posted for review,
```
A new directory hierarchy has been created in doc/code for the code
documentation, which follows the general GlusterFS source hierarchy.
Each GlusterFS module has an entry in this tree. The source directory of
every GlusterFS module has a symlink, 'doc', to its corresponding
directory in the doc/code tree.

Taking glusterd for example. With this scheme, there will be
doc/code/xlators/mgmg/glusterd directory which will contain the relevant
documentation to glusterd. This directory will be symlinked to
xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/doc .

This organization should allow for easy reference by developers when
developing on GlusterFS and also allow for easy hosting of the documents
when we set it up.
```

Comments?