[Gluster-devel] Duplicate entries and other weirdness in a 3*4 volume

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Mon Jul 21 12:05:36 UTC 2014

On Monday 21 July 2014 13:53:19 Anders Blomdell wrote:
> On 2014-07-21 13:49, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:

> >> Yes

> >> kernel is 3.14.9-200.fc20.x86_64, if that is latest upstream, I don't
> >> know.
> >> gluster is from master as of end of last week
> >>
> >> If there are known issues with ext4 i could switch to something else, but
> >> during the last 15 years or so, I have had very little problems with
> >> ext2/3/4, thats the reason for choosing it.
> >
> > The problem is afrv2 + dht + ext4 offsets. Soumya and Xavier were working
> > on it last I heard(CCed)
> Should I switch to xfs or be guinea pig for testing a fixed version?

There is a patch for this [1]. It should work for this particular
configuration, but there are some limitations in the general case, specially
for future scalability, that we tried to solve but it seems quite difficult.
Maybe Soumya has newer information about that.

XFS should work without problems if you need it.

Xavi

[1] http://review.gluster.org/8201/