[Gluster-devel] spurious regression failures again!

Avra Sengupta asengupt at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 07:33:21 UTC 2014

Joseph,

I am not sure I understand how this is affecting the spurious failure of
bug-1112559.t. As per the mail you have attached, and according to your
analysis,  bug-1112559.t fails because a cleanup hasn't happened
properly after a previous test-case failed and in your case there was a
crash as well.

Now out of all the times bug-1112559.t has failed, most of the time it's
the only test case failing and there isn't any crash. Below are the
regression runs that pranith had sent for the same.

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB/541/consoleFull

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/173/consoleFull

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/172/consoleFull

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB/543/console

In all of the above bug-1112559.t is the only test case that fails and
there is no crash.

So what I fail to understand here is, if this particular testcase fails
independently as well as with other testcases, then how can we conclude
that any other testcase failing is somehow not doing a cleanup properly
and that is the reason for bug-1112559.t failing.

mgmt_v3-locks.t fails because glusterd takes more time to register a
node going down, and hence the peer status doesn't return what the
testcase expects it to. It's a race. The testcase ends with a cleanup
routine like every other testcase, that kills all gluster and glusterfsd
processes, which might be using any brick ports. So could you please
explain how or which process still uses the brick ports that the snap
bricks are trying to use leading to the failure of bug-1112559.t.

Regards,
Avra