[Gluster-devel] failing basic/afr/self-heal.t

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sun Jul 13 07:06:45 UTC 2014

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> That seems to suggest gluster volume status is broken, and it does not
> report the self heal daemon while it is working. Any hint on how to
> track that problem down?

A hint that the problem may be in glusterd: if I restart glusterd it reports
the self heal deamon again:

Status of volume: patchy
Gluster process                                         Port    Online  Pid
Brick netbsd0.cloud.gluster.org:/d/backends/brick0      49152   Y       16509
Brick netbsd0.cloud.gluster.org:/d/backends/brick1      49153   Y       19129
NFS Server on localhost                                 N/A     N       N/A
Self-heal Daemon on localhost                           N/A     Y       19234

Just restarting the volume (gluster volume stop,  start), or restartign and
resetting (gluster volume stop, reset, start) does not recover self heal deamon
presence detection.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz