[Gluster-devel] A few regression-test questions

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Fri Jul 11 10:27:52 UTC 2014

1. When I'm running /usr/share/glusterfs/run-tests (glusterfs-3.5.1-1.fc20.x86_64),
   on my machine, I get quite a number of failures (not ok's), is this normal/expected?

2. Would it make sense to be able to run the regression tests from within
   the build directory? The main showstoppers for this is:

     a. glusterfsd is a multi-purpose binary, and libtools wrappers
        does not handle this (i.e. a glusterfs -> glusterfsd link will
        not work).
     b. log-files are at a location that might not exist

   a is trivially solved by making libtool wrappers for all aliases,
   b can [on linux] be solved with some 'unshare -m' and mount magic.
   Would this be something that could be useful?

/Anders
Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden