[Gluster-devel] libgfapi threads

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Thu Jan 30 22:38:37 UTC 2014

Thread count is independent of number of servers. The number of
sockets/connections is a function of number of servers/bricks. There are a
minimum number of threads (like the timer threads, syncop exec threads,
io-threads, epoll thread, depending on interconnect RDMA event reaping
threads) and some of them (syncop and io-thread) count are dependent on the
work load. All communication with servers is completely asynchronous and we
do not spawn a new thread per server.

HTH
Avati