[Gluster-devel] libgfapi threads

Kelly Burkhart kelly.burkhart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 20:52:38 UTC 2014

Hello, I'm working through using libgfapi and am curious about the number
of background threads started.  I have a simple cluster with four bricks on
four peers.  On my client machine I run a program that does this:

glfs_new()
glfs_set_volfile_server()
glfs_set_logging()
glfs_init()
pause()
glfs_fini()
pause()

At the first pause, right after glfs_init, there are four child threads
created.  Is it a coincidence that the api creates the same number of
threads as cluster peers?  I'd hate to think that if I had a thousand peers
I'd have a thousand threads.

Second, the threads don't shut down after the call to glfs_fini().

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on?

Thanks,

-Kelly