[Gluster-devel] Gluster Development Environment

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 02:19:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Lluís Pàmies i Juárez
<llpamies at pamies.cat> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm starting some gluster development and having to deal with virtual
> machines for test/debug seems a little bit to tedious. I was wondering if
> there is a way to start two (or more) servers in the same machine using
> different ports. Using something like that:
>
>  # glusterfsd -f simple-server-0.vol
>  # glusterfsd -f simple-server-1.vol
>  # glusterfs -f simple-client.vol /mnt/data
>
> where simple-server-0.vol simple-server-1.vol use different TCP ports?
>
> Thank you.

You probably want to look at using vagrant to make it easier:

https://ttboj.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/automatically-deploying-glusterfs-with-puppet-gluster-vagrant/

If you don't want to use the Puppet parts, you can just use the base
machine however you like.

James