[Gluster-devel] Something is wrong with RHEL6 RPMs for 3.4.2

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Jan 9 17:16:30 UTC 2014

On 09.01.2014 04:15, Justin Clift wrote:
> Ahhh, this is probably due to the updated OpenSSL stuff in EL 6.5.
Yes...
> Maybe we need to do separate sets of RPMs for EL 6.0-6.4, and
> a different set for 6.5 onwards.
It would seem, this is how things were done with the previous release (3.4.1-2).
I wonder, what changed -- and whether it can be undone or otherwise corrected...

It is certainly disappointing to download RPMs from

http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.4/3.4.2/RHEL/epel-6.4/x86_64/

and see them fail to install on RHEL-6.4 -- because they were, in fact, neither
made on RHEL-6.4, nor tested on RHEL-6.4 :-(

    -mi