[Gluster-devel] Fedora Gluster 'role'

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 08:34:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 02:31:00AM -0500, Paul Cuzner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see during the installation of Fedora, different roles can be
> adopted - web server, virt, infrastructure etc
>
> Does anyone know what the process would be for a storage role within
> the fedora project that focused on gluster?

This is more or less described here:
- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_and_edit_comps.xml_for_package_groups

Note that making the changes is not sufficient. I would expect that the
Fedora QA people need some help with testing this new role.

The easiest to get started, is probably by creating a Fedora Gluster
Remix. See how that gets accepted and move that to an official Spin.
This would result in a separated installation media (or live-image?).
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Process#Creating_a_Spin for
more details.

HTH,
Niels