[Gluster-devel] bit rot support for glusterfs

Paul Cuzner pcuzner at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 19:45:33 UTC 2014

Hi Shishir,

Great to see this being progressed!

Would it make sense to compare the checksums for a file across replica's too? ie. in a replicated volume, one the local checksum compare is complete, compare the checksum against the file's replica on another brick node. This would account for 'funnies' in the data path during the write phase introducing corruption.

Cheers,

Paul C