[Gluster-devel] custom ssl file locations

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:40:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:
> To apply these, you have to forego "mount -t glusterfs" and mount.glusterfs
> in favor of running the "glusterfs" command directly with "--xlator-option"
> like this:
>
>    glusterfs --volfile-server=any_server --volfile-id=fubar \
>       --xlator-option fubar-client-N.transport.socket.ssl-own-cert=xxx \
>
> Unfortunately this gets a bit tedious, because you have to add each option
> for each brick from 0 to N-1.  You'll probably want to wrap that in a script,
> or use Puppet (hi James).  As far as I can tell, though, the option does get
> through and is used to make the connections.

I'm waiting on the new (even awesome-er) SSL support coming in 3.6 (hi
Jeff) before I add the SSL features to puppet-gluster [1,2]. As an
aside, in an upcoming version of puppet-gluster I'm switching the
/etc/fstab based mounting of volumes to use an exec{} based
"glusterfs" command, so that we can support other options such as
these ones if they're needed.

If anyone wants this sooner, or wants SSL support for 3.3/3.4 in
puppet-gluster, let me know.

James

[1] https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster
[2] https://forge.gluster.org/puppet-gluster # (hi johnmark)