[Gluster-devel] spliting tests/bugs?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Dec 26 16:54:11 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 01:26:42PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 01:49:51PM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > http://review.gluster.org/9353 would do this, please have a look and see
> > if it is acceptible. I've merged some components, like glusterfs-fuse
> > and fuse into one directory. The include path for utilities and shell
> > librarries have been corrected. Also some checkpatch errors were thrown
> > while trying to post, but things should be good now.
>
> FWIW here is the per-subdirectory breakdown:
>    3 access-control
>   19 cli
>   17 core
>   23 distribute
>    1 error-gen
>    8 fuse
>    2 geo-replication
>   56 glusterd
>   23 glusterfs
>   10 glusterfs-server
>    1 io-cache
>    1 libgfapi
>    1 logging
>   10 nfs
>    4 posix
>    5 protocol
>    1 quick-read
>    9 quota
>    1 rdma
>   35 replicate
>    5 rpc
>   10 snapshot
>    2 stripe
>    1 trace
>    1 transport
>    3 unclassified
>    1 write-behind

Ah, yes, I wanted to include that but forgot... Anyway, the intention of
this change is to start with separating the cases.

We can move tests around quite easily with subsequent patches. Tests in
some subdirectories (like glusterfs and glusterfs-server) should
probably be checked in more detail and moved to their rightful
component.

If others support moving the test cases into directories for their main
component, I'll open a bug for this, and merge the change, after which
others can easily send a patch which moves some cases too.

Niels