[Gluster-devel] spurious error in ec tests

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Tue Dec 23 10:48:20 UTC 2014

On 12/23/2014 11:26 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just in case it rings a bell for someone, slave22 has been giving me a
> 100% reproductible error in all ec tests this morning:
> [09:48:19] ./tests/basic/ec/ec-12-4.t ............................
> not ok 11
> Failed 1/541 subtests
> df: `/var/run/gluster/patchy': Transport endpoint is not connected
>
> The problem dispareared after rebooting the machine.
>
> See it in the logs:
> http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/3292/console
> http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/3296/console
> http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/3297/console
> http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/3301/console

Yes, it's an old problem caused by an stale mount not correctly removed
by clean up procedures. There's a mount point that is left unmounted but
the glusterfs process is killed (these are always secondary mount
points, used by snapshots for example). This causes a simple 'df' to
fail, and one of the ec tests does exactly this.

I thought this was already solved. Another way to solve this could be to
modify the ec test. I can do that if necessary.

Xavi