[Gluster-devel] Updates to operating-version

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Thu Dec 18 16:40:25 UTC 2014

James, why not just compute the operating version? After 3.5.0 it's
always XYYZZ based on the version.

Something along the lines of

$version_array = split("${gluster_version}", '[.]')
if $version_array[0] < 3 {
   fail("Unsupported GlusterFS Version")
}
$operating_version = $version_array[2] ? {
   '5' => $version_array[3] ? {
     default => sprintf("%d%02d%02d", $version_array),
     },
   default => sprintf("%d%02d%02d", $version_array),
}

Perhaps a CLI command to fetch the GD_OP_VERSION_MAX might be beneficial
as well.