[Gluster-devel] explicit lookup of inods linked via readdirp

Raghavendra Bhat rabhat at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 07:01:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

In fuse I saw, that as part of resolving a inode, an explicit lookup is
done on it if the inode is found to be linked via readdirp (At the time
of linking in readdirp, fuse sets a flag in the inode context). It is
done because,  many xlators such as afr depend upon lookup call for many
things such as healing.

But that logic is not there in gfapi. I am thinking of introducing that
mechanism in gfapi as well, where as part of resolve it checks if the
inode is linked from readdirp. And if so it will do an explicit lookup
on that inode.

NOTE: It can be done in NFS server as well.

Please provide feedback.

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat